As Instructors we are always looking to keep things interesting for our clients. Taking courses and workshops to learn more about movement is key to staying up to date with current information and to keep things creative for our clients and so we don’t get bored stuck in the same movement patterns. We are constantly searching for different ways to challenge your bodies creatively so you see the benefits!
That is why in April, our favourite Studio owner, Steph, is heading to Merrickville, Ontario in the Ottawa area to explore three separate workshops, ‘Angamardhana A Classical Hatha Yoga‘, ‘Bhuta Shuddi‘ and ‘Surya Kriya‘.
See below for some information on what Steph will be bringing back to the Studio at the end of April!
ANGAMARDHANA A CLASSICAL HATHA YOGA
Anagamardhana means gaining complete mastery over the limbs, organs and other parts of the body. This is a physical practice that roots from the belief that being fit is not about showing off your muscles but about moving through life without having your body as an obstacle. Anagamardhana is partially an aerobic exercise but it also tones muscles without bringing any rigidity to your body. This is an ancient system, which brings stability to the mind and body. Staying true to its name, Anagamardhana revitalizes the body on all levels, muscles, circulatory system, skeletal structure, nervous system and energy system.
Benefits of Angamardana:
- Strengthening the spine, skeletal system, and muscular system
- Builds physical strength, fitness and tenacity
- Takes years off the body, bringing a sense of lightness and freedom
- Prepares the body for Hatha Yoga
Bhuta Shuddhi is the most fundamental practice in the yogic system. “Bhuta” refers to the five elements and “Shuddhi” means “to cleanse.”
The basis for all creation, including the physical body, is a group of five elements: earth, water, wind, fire, and space. The wellbeing of your mind and body can be established by purifying the five elements within the human system. This is a stepping stone towards ultimate wellbeing.
This purificatory process helps one to achieve a state of harmony and balance which prepares the body for higher levels of sadhana, or spiritual practices..
Keeps the body and mind in harmony and balance. Prepares the system to handle powerful states of energy.
Benefits of Bhuta Shuddhi:
- Keeps the system in harmony and balance
- Prepares the system to handle powerful states of energy
- Enhances the capabilities of the physical body, mind and energy system
- Creates the basis to gain complete mastery over the human system
Surya Kriya, also referred to as the forefathers of Sun Salutation, is a 21-step, potent yogic practice with tremendous antiquity. Traditionally only practiced by reserved Yogis, Surya Kriya becomes a strong foundation to explore higher dimensions of life.
Surya” means “Sun,” and “kriya” means “inner energy process.” Surya Kriya activates the solar plexus within the system and balances a person’s energies, leading to stability of the body and stillness of the mind.
Benefits of Surya Kriya:
- Develops mental clarity and focus
- Remedies weak constitutions
- Boosts vigor and vitality
- Balances hormonal levels in the body
- Prepares one for deeper states of meditation
- Enhances the elements and benefits of Surya Namaskar
To learn more about these courses, click here.