How can mango get any more delicious, you ask?
Put some chili powder on it and experience a serious flavor bomb.
This fruit salad is beckoning to be made. It’s:
& Wonderfully delicious
Make this dish to take along to your next BBQ or dinner party.
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and cubed
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced or quartered
- 1 cup (166 g) sliced strawberries
- 1 cup (148 g) blueberries
- 1 small lime, juiced (~2 Tbsp, 30 ml)
- optional: 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- pinch sea salt
- optional: 1 ounce ( ml) silver tequila or white rum
- Add all fruit to a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Add lime juice and maple syrup (optional depending on ripeness of fruit) to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Then pour over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Add sea salt, then sprinkle on chili powder a little at a time, gently folding/stirring the salad as you go. I found 1/4 tsp to be the perfect amount, but add more or less depending on preference.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more chili powder, maple syrup, or lime juice as needed. Add tequila or white rum for a boozy kick (optional).
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for 2-3 days (sometimes longer depending on freshness of fruit). See notes for freezing tip.