ONE SKILLET CHICKEN THIGHS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH
PREP TIME 15 mins COOK TIME 30 mins TOTAL TIME 45 min
- ½ lb of Nitrate Free Bacon
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2-3 cup Butternut Squash (cubed)
- Extra Oil for Frying (Coconut)
- Fresh Sage, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste (remember the bacon will be salty so use salt sparingly)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy.
- Set bacon aside & crumble when cooled.
- In the same skillet, sauté cubed butternut squash in bacon grease until soft. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Once squash is soft, remove from skillet & place on a plate.
- Add coconut oil to your skillet if the bacon grease looks low.
- Add chicken thighs, top down in the skillet & cook for 10 minutes.
- Lightly season the thighs with salt & pepper.
- Flip the thighs over, then add your squash back into the skillet all around the thighs.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top & place in your preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully remove from oven, top with crumbled bacon & fresh sage.