The recipe below is from our awesome client, Elaine. Have a favourite recipe that you think we need to know about? Feel free to send it our way, we’d love to give it a try.
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and chill for about an hour.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
(Recipe adapted from http://www.sheknows.com/)
“I’ve made lots of variations of this recipe – different nuts, nut butters, raisins, dried cranberries, add a mashed banana and extra oats, melt the chocolate, etc., etc., etc.! Enjoy!”