Kirsten and Dylan do part of their training at the KW Art of Fitness
Clear your mind of can’t. -Samuel Johnson
Tactics, fitness, stroke ability, adaptability, experience, and sportsmanship are all necessary for winning. -Fred Perry
Come on out to do some 6am spinning tomorrow morning. We have a rockin’ spin list ready for you, called Galloping 80’s:
|Horse Coming and Going Galloping over Cobblestones||Sound Effects|
|Keep On Rockin Me||Steve Miller Band|
|This flight tonight||Nazareth|
|Immigrant Song||Led Zeppelin|
|Love Is a Battle Field||Pat Benatar|
|Message of Love||The Pretenders|
|Sharp Dressed Man||ZZ Top|
|Rime Of The Ancient Mariner||Iron Maiden|
|Abracadabra||Steve Miller Band|
Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. – Earl of Derby
The Canadian pairs skaters Dylan and Kirsten both train off-ice in various group classes and one-on-one training at the KW Art of Fitness. They credit much value to their off-ice pilates training, weight training, and cardio workouts.
Ya to Dylan and Kirsten for this upcoming competition. We will be cheering for you!! Have fun and be yourselves!
In the News:
Recent Feature Video:
Sometimes, you get stuck in a funk and can’t figure out why. Maybe it is something tangible and specific. Maybe it is nothing in particular.
- Write a list of 10 things you are thankful for. Be specific.
- Put on some upbeat, happy music.
- Go for a walk—or a run.
- Plan a vacation or, better yet, go on one!
- Talk to a good friend who knows how to listen.
- Have a good cry. It’s okay. It will cleanse your emotional system.
- Take control of that little voice in your head. “Change channels.”
- Turn off the TV and the radio.
- Do volunteer work with a local charity.
- Organize your desk and/or your office.
- Take one “baby step action” for each of your top three projects.
- Take the afternoon off and take a nap.
- Get a massage or sit in a hot jacuzzi or tub.
- Change positions. If you are sitting, stand. If you are standing, sit.
- Smile. Your emotions will usually follow your body’s lead.
- Do that one thing you fear the most.
- Excuse yourself from negative conversations.
- Resist the temptation to complain—about anything!
- Forget the past. Ignore the future. Be fully present NOW.
- Stop worrying about things you have no control over.
What do you do to get out of your funk?
You know.. you pay for a gym membership, start strong in January, then by March, you miss a few days in your schedule…
What about a membership that is free if you go but pay if you do not go? Would that work?
Gym-Pact in Boston is trying out that idea. What do you think?
“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place… and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain’t about how hard you hit… It’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that!” (Rocky Balboa)