All of our instructors are certified in the classes they teach and are CPR/first-aid certified as well. They truly love what they do and are always looking to achieve new certifications to better serve their clients.
We believe that they really are the best! It’s our goal to make exercise, health and fitness relevant to the client and fit with their lifestyle. We’re always working to instill the following in our clients:
- A desire to do— to make healthy lifestyle choices
- A desire to do it well
- Perspicacity— a term we like to use to describe, a curiosity to learn
Meet Our Team
Stephanie Moore, B.A.
“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.”- Joseph Pilates
Stephanie understands that no two clients are the same and believes that taking a fresh, fun customizable approach to fitness is vital to success. She draws on her vast knowledge, years of experience, spirit and tools to develop effective alignment patterns which bring understanding to her clients’ kinesthetic sense.
Stephanie also believes that the classes offered at Art of Fitness care for her clients not only physically, but mentally as well. It’s her goal that through specific mechanics, fitness is able to bring clarity, increase perception and stimulate the mind.
- Founder of the “KW Art of Fitness”
- Co-Founder of “Kids In Action”
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Second Wind Pilates Plus Certified Instructor
- Certified Second Wind Integrated Movement Therapist
- Certified Reebok Spin Instructor
- Certified Body Harmonics Pilates Reformer Intensive
- Certified Body Harmonics Cadillac and Chair Intensive
Deanna Underwood, B.A.
Deanna teaches spin classes here at the studio and is known for her great enthusiasm and amazing spin music playlists!
- Certified Spinning© Instructor
- Spinning and the Senior Population Certification
- KWFSC Athletic Club member in spin classes and pilates classes, and execute workouts planned by trainer
- Participated in many triathlons
- Participated in duathlons and other races
- Past member of the Guelph Marlins Swim Club
- Past member of the Precision Figure Skating club
PJ Wight B.A. , C.P.T., NCCP II., CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist
“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or otherwise it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them”- Bruce Lee
PJ is a personal trainer here at Art of Fitness, bringing with her over 25 years of experience in the fitness/coaching industry. She is certified with the Canadian Personal Trainers Network and the International Youth Conditioning Association. Her primary goal as a personal trainer and coach is to develop a goal-oriented plan and provide guidance, encouragement and creativity in assisting each of her clients to attain his/her personal fitness goals and improve their quality of life.
Prior to joining the Art of Fitness team, she was a figure skating coaching and attained a Level II coaching certification. She states that two things led her to pursue a career as a personal trainer. First, is her personal love of fitness. Second, she loved coaching and guiding both young people and the young at heart to achieve their personal fitness goals.
As a client of KW Fitness for many years, Kris has enjoyed the benefits of Pilates while training with Steph. Pilates benefits people of all ages and improves overall strength, balance and flexibility. This is particularly important as we age since Pilates helps our bodies move more efficiently, improves bone density and helps us to avoid injury.
After 35 years of working in the corporate world, Kris retired and is excited to begin this second career – especially since she is so passionate about Pilates.
- Mat Pilates and Practical Teaching through the Physicalmind Institute of Canada
- Certified Body Harmonics Pilates Reformer Intensive
Katie Cameron Sullivan
Katie is a Pilates and Yoga instructor, a lover of form-focused movement, vegetarian and advocate of all things healthy. She fell in love with fitness while studying at a Toronto College in her early twenties. She needed something to help her cope with the changes towards adulthood; so she turned to her nearest Pilates Studio. Walking into an unknown Studio, surrounded by unfamiliar faces and looking at herself in the mirror repeating “just breathe”. The anxiety she felt that day washed away after a few minutes and when she walked out of that Pilates studio, she felt invigorated and quickly became addicted to the powerful force of a class moving as one. There aren’t many moments in life you can define as life changing, but those unfamiliar faces and unknown Studio walls quickly became a second home, crutch, and love affair.
Katie began working at STOTT Pilates Studio in Toronto as the Studio Marketing Coordinator where her passion for Pilates grew even stronger. She is now certified in Pilates through STOTT PILATES and Yoga through, The Yoga Alliance of Canada.
During classes and private sessions she uses her knowledge of the human body to correct injury, work with errors in alignment, reduce stress and most importantly, to have fun! She uses classical Pilates movements combined with her own twist to keep classes interesting and beneficial. Her philosophy is education and inspiration, as a teacher, she hopes to empower clients and offer them the knowledge and direction to live a healthy balanced lifestyle.
Katie wants to help you discover the strength within yourself.
In her spare time Katie loves to develop her own fitness routines, constantly challenging herself with new ways to move. She has an equal passion for adventure and is always planning her next vacation. You can normally find her walking her puppy with her husband.
- STOTT Pilates Certified Instructor – Matwork & Reformer
- Yoga Certified – Yoga Alliance of Canada
- Anatomy in Motion – Body Harmonics
- Yoga & Ayurveda – The Yoga Conference
- Pilates Matwork – Tula Yoga Spa (Yoga Alliance of Canada)
Lower back weakness and muscular imbalance initially brought Erin to the practice of Pilates more than 15 years ago. What initially began as a prescription for rehabilitative and strengthening exercise has since developed into a tremendous passion of hers! As an ambitious woman going after a variety of athletic pursuits, Pilates compliments her lifestyle as both student and instructor. Training clients to be conscious of posture, breathing and alignment in various exercises, offers increased core strength and greater body awareness. As a Pilates instructor, Erin looks forward to educating her clients, challenging them and having fun!
- Certified PhysicalMind Institute Vertical and Matwork Intensive
- Body Harmonics Pilates Reformer Intensive – Apprentice
- Half Marathon Runner, Participant in Sprint level triathlons
- Member of ROW Masters Swim Program